Belize Integral Health Center
Belize Integral Health Centre is located Cor. Gibnut / Curassow Streets in Belize City, Central America. The Clinic has a total number of registered patients of 12,000.
Belize Integral Health Centre is a Primary/Secondary Care Clinic under the National Health Insurance (NHI) Scheme since commencement of a pilot project in 2001. Under NHI we address minor trauma and chronic conditions such as Diabetes, Hypertension and Asthma. We also do general check-ups such as PSA’s, Pap Smears, Mammograms and Child Immunization. On certain days of the week we have an Obstetrician/Gynecologist and a Pediatrician on staff. We have on-site Phlebotomist and Lab Collection site and we also provide pre-natal care under NHI. We have an observation room available for stabilizing patients. Referral to tertiary level of care whenever need arises.
Belize Integral Health Centre has been in operation since 2001, at the commencement of the NHI Project. Our principal objective is prevention, promotion of health, early diagnosis treatment and rehabilitation.
Opening hours are:- 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Our services include the following:-
- Maternal and Child Health (MCH) such as: pre-natal and post-natal care, immunizations, monitoring of child growth and development.
- Pap Smears – screening for cancer
- Non Communicable Diseases (NCD)
- Family Planning
- PSA – screening for prostate cancer
- Breast Exams
- Blood Pressure
- Community Outreach
- School Health
- Health Fairs
- Home Visits
Community outreach programs are done where we go to your school or work place and provide educational topics on health. Please contact us if interested.
Birth control is provided at a discounted price for both NHI and non-NHI patients.
- Treatment of asthma
- Minor surgical procedures
- Management of client’s chronic condition such as asthma, diabetes and hypertension
Criteria for Clinic
- Living on the Southside of Belize City
- Valid Social Security Card
- Registration of newborns by 2 months of age
- Dr. Wendy Rios, Pediatrician, 9 years’ experience
- Dr. Tracy Nicholas, Obstetrician/Gynecologist, 16 years’ experience
- Dr. Mauricio Navarette, Obstetrician/Gynecologist, 10 year’s experience
- Dr. Carlos Crespo, Doctor-in-Charge – 22 year’s experience in Family Care
- Dr. Tania Morejon, General Practitioner – 18 year’s experience in Family Care
- Dr. Tran Nguyen, General Practitioner – 5 year’s experience
- 3 Specialists
- 3 General Practitioners
- 1 Public Health Nurse
- 1 Registered Nurse
- 3 Practical Nurses
- 1 Phlebotomist
The facility includes:
- 1 Observation Room
- Emergency Room
- Asthma Bay (Adult & Children)
- Lab Collection Site
- Non-NHI patients are welcome; however we do charge a fee.